Understand your condition
Assess your symptoms
Aging Male Symptoms (AMS)
The AMS self assessment is well suited to assist in both the diagnosis of testosterone deficiency and for the monitoring of treatment in patients using testosterone replacement therapy.
Conditions & treatment options.
Testosterone Deficiency: Causes and Symptoms
Male testosterone levels can change for a variety of reasons. Regardless of the cause for testosterone deficiency, the symptoms are fairly universal.
Symptoms of Testosterone Deficiency in Men Include:
- Mood changes
- Ill temper
- Sexual dysfunction
- Poor erectile function
- Loss of sexual interest
- Diminished muscle strength
Causes of Testosterone Deficiency in Men
Testosterone levels can be affected by external factors such as:
- Alcohol abuse
- Chronic disease and the treatment of chronic disease
- Drug use (such as opiates, glucocorticoids, anabolic steroids)
- Acute critical illness, burns, major trauma or surgery
Testicular disorders or brain disorders can also affect testosterone levels.
Testicular disorders include:
- Klinefelter's syndrome
- Cryptorchidism and defects of testis development (such as twisted or strangulated testes)
- Orchitis (inflammation of the testes that results in permanent damage)
- Orchidectomy (the surgical removal of the testes)
- Toxin exposure (such as radiation, chemotherapy and radiotherapy; domestic, industrial or environmental poisons)
Brain disorders affecting testosterone production include:
- Kallmann's syndrome
- Pituitary gland tumour and treatment (such as surgery and/or irradiation)
- Haemochromatosis (blood iron disorder)
- Craniopharyngioma (benign tumour of the brain)
- Other genetic causes
The term ‘male hypogonadism’ is the medical phrase used to describe men with severe testosterone deficiency. Male hypogonadism is the most common form of hormonal deficiency in men, affecting 5 in every 1000 men.
Testosterone Deficiency Symptoms and Related Conditions
AndroForte® 5% Testosterone Cream is specially formulated for men with low blood testosterone levels.
AndroForte® 2% Testosterone Cream is specially formulated for men with low blood testosterone levels.